Cours PMI PfMP® : Aligning the Organization through Portfolio ManagementImprimer Retour
Organizations that adopt projects as a mean to achieving change and delivering results often find it difficult to prioritize projects and to make best use of their resources; additionally, many recent surveys have demonstrated that project backlog is a major issue in organizations. Portfolio management is a management approach that aims to align project efforts with the corporate strategy and optimize the efficient use of resources throughout the organization. This course focuses on two aspects of the management of portfolios:
Prioritization of projects and other activities, based on their contribution to organizational benefits and their achievability
Allocation and prioritizing of resources between those projects and activities that have been chosen so that they can deliver the expected benefits
The course identifies five key activities and techniques to accomplish this:
1. Analyzing the portfolio of existing and potential projects and activities
2. Defining the content of the portfolio according the Strategic Vision
3. Selecting the projects and activities to be implemented as part of this portfolio
4. Allocating resources to those projects and activities that have been selected
5. Collecting and storing project data for performance measurement and portfolio reorientation, based on financial performance, strategic alignment, individual performance of the different components and Risk factors.
The course also discusses the definition of the portfolio in the organization based on its Vision and Strategy…
Develop and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
1. Understand alignment with organizational objectives & strategic goals.
2. Demonstrate capability to analyze and select organizational initiatives.
3. Assign resources to these initiatives in an organized way
4. Optimize use of resources to ensure corporate benefits delivery
5.Take responsibility for change & decisions to realize strategic & business objectives
6. Actively manage business value within a governance framework.
7. Recognize why, when and how to use portfolio management.
8. Support the development of a portfolio framework and culture.
“PMI”, the PMI Logo, “PMBOK® Guide”, “PMP”, “CAPM”, “PgMP”, “PMI-SP”, “PMI-RMP”, “PMI-ACP”, the Registered Education Provider program and the R.E.P. logo, are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
This seminar is designed for experienced project managers, portfolio managers, chief project officers, project directors and senior managers who need to assign resources to projects to deliver corporate strategies. Also for all project managers, who have a reasonable experience as project leaders and are interested in understanding the way projects are selected.
Olivier Lazar, Msc, MBA, PgMP, PMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, PMI-ACP, is an Organizational Governance consultant, coach and trainer. Graduate with a Master’s degree and an Executive MBA in Strategy, Project and Program Management from the Lille Graduate School of Management and from the PMI® Leadership Institute Master Class 2013. Committed to the advancement of the profession, he’s Managing Partner at Valense, Ltd., Past President at the PMI® Switzerland Chapter, and currently sitting at the Chapter Members Advisory Group at PMI®.
With more than 15 years of Project and Program Management experience, both on the operational and consulting perspective, Olivier has worked in a large scope of industries, from Corporate Finance to Aerospace or from E-business to Pharmaceutical and Energy. He has been published in professional press and has presented in number of PM conferences around the world, including PMI® Global Congresses in EMEA and North America, and is as well Seminar Leader for PMI SeminarsWorld®.
He’s also one of the very few to hold six credentials from PMI®: PMP®, PgMP®, PMI-PBA®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-ACP® and PMI-SP®.
Olivier’s leitmotiv lies in his conviction that sharing Knowledge is a major factor for global performance and common development, organizational and personal.
Langue du cours
"PMI", the PMI Logo, "PMBOK® Guide", "PMP", "CAPM", "PgMP", "PMI-SP", "PMI-RMP", "PMI-ACP", the Registered Education Provider program and the R.E.P. logo, are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Nos cours collectifs
Pour toute problématique d'accès ou de situation de handicap merci de contacter nos équipes.