Cours MS E5115/F5948 Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating SystemImprimer Retour
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure Windows Vista desktops.It will focus on four main areas: installing, securing, networking, and browsing. By the end of the course, the student will have installed and configured a Windows Vista desktop that is secure, on the network, and ready for browsing.This is the first course in the Windows Vista curriculum and will serve as the entry point for other Windows Vista Technology Specialist courses.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Familiarity with computer hardware and devices, such as the ability to look into device manager and look for unsupported devices.
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge, such as knowing why you need to have a valid IP address.
- Basic Microsoft Windows and Active Directory knowledge, such as knowledge about domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- Experience with mapping network file shares, such as being familiar with UNC paths and mapping local resources to server/share.
- Experience with running commands from a command window, such as the DOS command prompt.
- Experience with reviewing BIOS settings.
In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed:
First Look Clinic 5056 - First Look: Getting Started with Windows Vista for IT Professionals.
Hands-on-Lab 5057 - First Look: Getting Started with Windows Vista for IT Professionals.
Important: This learning product will be most useful to people who intend to use their new skills and knowledge on the job immediately after training.
- Installing Windows Vista
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
- Configuring Post-Installation System Settings
- Sharing Files by Using Windows Vista
- Configuring Advanced Networking
- Configuring User Account Security
- Configuring Network Security
- Configuring Internet Explorer 7.0
Langue du cours
Support de cours
Official Microsoft MOC 5115 coursebook
Nos cours collectifs
Disponibilité sur demande
Pour toute problématique d'accès ou de situation de handicap merci de contacter nos équipes.